Here’s a fun cookie that will put a smile on any kids (or adults) face. An easy recipe that is perfect for a holiday treat, after school snack or just anytime with a glass of milk.
I’m quite proud to say that we haven’t bought ANY bread or biscuits or other readymade snacks for more than two months now!
We have tested and tried a few new recipes as well but let’s be honest, the simple basic snacks work best with the kids. For example if there are cookies on the table, everyone is always happy. And if you add some rainbow colors, the snack time becomes magical!
Rainbow-chip cookies recipe
- 225g (1 cup) butter, melted
- 150g (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 135g (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 packet (11g) of vanilla sugar / 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 340g (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- About 150g (1 cup) Smarties or chocolate M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 190C (375F)
- In a mixing bowl or in the stand mixer with a paddle attachment, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter, until everything is well combined, the butter has cooled down and the mixture is light in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder, stirring until it forms a smooth dough.
- Fold in the chocolate candies until evenly distributed. Since the Smarties I used are relatively large I chopped them up a bit but you can leave the candy whole if you prefer.
- Scoop 9 small or 6 bigger balls of dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just lightly browned on the edges.
- Let the cookies set on the baking sheet for about 3-5 minutes, then transfer on a wire rack to cool down completely.
NB! Do not leave the cookies unattended! They will disappear in a second😄
You can store the cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze it for up to two months.
You may also like my other cookie recipes: