Aren’t these bunny bread adorable? They are a perfect addition to your Easter brunch menu and may accompany the big Easter meal as well so you probably need a double batch. Get your favorite easy bread rolls recipe (or use mine😉) and get baking!
This times we transformed the regular breakfast buns into bunnies. It is actually a really easy trick and you don’t need any special skills or tools. So read along for the simple steps to having the cutest breakfast rolls on your table!
Having kids has made me want to celebrate holidays just so that I could see the sparkle in their eyes. Sometimes just a tiny change in the routine can bring so much joy!
How to make bunny rolls?
- Make a batch of your favorite bread dough.
- Roll up buns (on the smaller side is better for this) and let them rise like you normally would.
- When the buns have more or less doubled in size, brush them with egg wash (1 egg + ~1/3 cup milk).
- Let them dry up for a few minutes. I usually wait time it takes for the oven to get to temperature (about 5 minutes I think)
- Just before popping them in the oven, take your kitchen scissors and snip two little ears at one side of the bun.
- Place in the oven and bake according to the recipe instructions.
And that’s it: you’ve got breakfast bunnies🤗
I used the breakfast buns dough from the blog but you can use any enriched dough here.
I hope you got some inspiration here. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more tips and recipes.
You can also download my list of 30 Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids so that you have healthy snacks to serve together with all the cookies and Easter chocolates.