If you’re like me and need some inspiration to enjoy autumn to its fullest, this autumn bucket list with 35 fall activity ideas to have fun with kids (or on your own) is here to help. Let’s enjoy this crisp and cosy time of the year and create memories together!
I find it quite challenging to find ideas to occupy the kids (and myself) in the autumn. It just feels all cold and dark and sad to me. Yes, you guessed correctly, I am not a great fan of the colder seasons…
But at some point lately it finally got to me. If I want autumn to be fun, I have to do something about it myself. There are such a plethora of things you can do, you just have to think of them. And doing activities together with the kids is always rewarding and eventually even I might enjoy autumn this way.
So, inspired by my summer bucket list, I decided to put together a bucket list of things to do with the kids in the autumn as well. Have a look and let’s make autumn a season filled with fun activities.
Autumn Bucket List
- Go to a hike in the forest
- Make an art project about the autumn nature
- Go to a childrens’ museum
- Organize an afternoon tea party
- Decorate the house for Halloween
- Have a family movie night with popcorn
- Make Halloween cookies & Halloween snacks
- Go to a sports game
- Create a photo album of summer memories
- Put together a care box to donate
- Burn autumn scented candles
- Write a letter to a friend
- Go bowling
- Make candy apples
- Create a Halloween costume
- Build a bird house
- Have a picnic on a blanket on the living room floor
- Watch a documentary together
- Go for a walk and pick colorful leaves and chestnuts
- Organize a Halloween party
- Go to a pumpkin patch and decorate your house
- Learn how to knit or crochet
- Make handmade Christmas decorations or small gifts to hand out in December
- Carve a pumpkin
- Paint pumpkins
- Go apple picking
- Bake apple pie
- Jump in the leaves
- Make a bonfire
- Craft with fall leaves and chestnuts
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Drink spiced apple cider / tea
- Have a family board game night
- Go to a farmers market
- Build a blanket fort
There you have it. Now all we’ll have to do on any given day we feel down, is to choose a fun activity in this list!
Have a lovely autumn! And please let me know if you found this interesting (or if you didn’t, for that matter). Your feedback by form of comments or messages on social media helps me to determine what to write about in the future, and I am deeply grateful to everyone who has taken time to write a few words.
I hope you got some inspiration here. Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to follow along my journey and be the first to know about new blog posts. You can also follow me on Instagram for everyday tips and recipes (and jokes about my chaotic life with kids).